Did you know that the number one reason dogs are surrendered to shelters is due to “behavior problems”? It is Andrea’s goal to keep as many dogs as possible from being surrendered.
Andrea attended Animal Behavior College and worked with a mentor to gain hands-on experience with dogs at a local no-kill shelter. She continues to volunteer at SAVE a Friend to Homeless Animals; she fell in love with helping shelter dogs find their forever homes through training, which makes them more adoptable. Andrea continues to take courses through APDT (Association of Professional Dog Trainers) in order to improve and enhance her training skills.
- Certified Trainer – Honors Graduate of Animal Behavior College
- Authorized Mentor Trainer for Animal Behavior College. When students of ABC have completed the written portion of the curriculum, they must do several hours of hands-on training under the guidance of an ABC Authorized Mentor Trainer. I am honored that Animal Behavior College has appointed me as one of their mentor trainers.
- Professional Member of the Association of Professional Dog Trainers
- Shelter Volunteer (certified by Animal Behavior College in working with shelter dogs)
- Passed Animal Behavior College’s requirements in Pet CPR, First Aid and Pet Massage
- Insured & Bonded
- Training Methodology: Positive Reinforcement